January 12, 2018
Dear Carytown Merchants, Associate Members & Community Partners,
Thank you to those of you who joined the Carytown Merchants Association in 2017. Your support and participation resulted in a fantastic year for CMA and we hope that 2018 will bring new members and faces to the Association!
In 2017, your CMA dues went to great use- check it out below!
• 2017 dues cleaned Carytown's sidewalks & planted beautiful flowers
Your dues promoted Carytown to loyal Kickers fans through an on-going partnership with the Richmond Kickers
• CMA members now have a dual membership with the Retail Merchants Association
• August: we hosted the Watermelon Festival- our largest fundraiser used to promote Carytown to all Central Virginia
• October: we partnered with Culture Works and Crossroads Art Center for artoberVA - a month long celebration of the arts with extended hours Thursday evenings throughout Carytown
• December: Carytown participated in the Dominion Christmas Parade with televised coverage
Other important Carytown information for you to know:
• Our past president, Camille Bird, has continued with her efforts to replace the existing Carytown sign. To view the design and to donate visit: carytowngateway.com.
• CMA meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of the month at 8:30 a.m. at Ellwood Thompson's Beet Cafe
• February meeting: we will be voting on new board members. If you have an interest in serving in any capacity - we'd love to hear from you!
Please make sure all contact information is accurate on the enclosed application so we can keep you in the loop of all CMA activities. Together we can continue to market Carytown's vibrant mix of restaurants, retail, and services to the Richmond region- we hope that you will want to be a part of it!
CMA Board of Directors